No fear, I’m not being paid by these guys. I just think they make or sell great stuff that is worth checking out.
- Aarn – http://www.aarnpacks.com/
(After having had a brief experience of how these feel, I hope to buy one soon. They’re unbelievably comfortable.)
- Macpac – http://www.macpac.com.au/
- Paddy Pallin – http://www.paddypallin.com.au/
- REI – http://www.rei.com/
Information on walks
- Parks NSW – http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/nationalparks/
- VIC Parks – http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/
- Tasmania – http://www.parks.tas.gov.au/
- Department of Conservation – http://www.doc.govt.nz/
walk descriptions on my shelf
- Barrow, Graeme. 25 Family Bushwalks in and around Canberra (1991).
- Chapman, John & Siseman, John. Cradle Mountain and Lake St Clair and Walls of Jerusalem National Parks (1998).
- Daly, John & Lyn. Take a walk in New South Wales National Parks – South Eastern Zone (2002).
- Siseman, John. Australian Alps Walking Track (1988).
- Thomas, Tyrone. 70 Walks in Southern New South Wales and ACT (1998).
- Thomas, Tyrone & Klinge, Sven. Australian Mountains. The Best 100 Walks (1998).
Writers on walking
- Baker, Ian. The Heart of the World. A Journey to Tibet’s Lost Paradise (London, 2004).
- Matthiessen, Peter. The Snow Leopard (New York, 1978).
- Thomson, Hugh. The White Rock. An Exploration of the Inca Heartland (London, 2001).
- Thomson, Hugh. Nanda Devi. A Journey to the Last Sanctuary (London, 2004).
- Thubron, Colin. To a Mountain in Tibet (London, 2011).
- Weare, Garry. A Long Walk in the Himalaya. A Trek from the Ganges to Kashmir (Yarraville, 2007).